Sunday, May 3, 2015

Victoria's Secret PINK a Sporwear Contender

             

                When most people think of Victoria Secret’s, skinny models clad in bras and underwear come to mind. For years it has held the ‘monopoly’ on women’s lingerie. But, about 13 years ago they created their offshoot known as PINK where they offer more clothing options. It has been a big hit amongst teenage girls, which is obvious when you walk into any high school as you will see the PINK logo flashed everywhere. Over the years this brand has transformed itself from just selling underwear and bras, to include swimsuits, and most importantly to me, sportswear!
             So last week I got the PINK summer magazine and was surprised to see all the new and sporty options they have. One thing I really like about the sporty PINK clothes is that they take a classic clothing item like sweatpants, hoodies, or sports bras, and add a girly twist to them to make the clothing item a little more fashionable and up to date with the latest trends. In the magazine, some of the sporty items I saw were joggers (a mix between yoga pants and sweatpants), a sports bra-push up bra combo, windbreakers, athletic t-shirts and tank tops, and shorts. Another big part of the magazine was their swimsuit line. One thing I really liked was that the tops had different cut outs that were unique when compared to a normal bikini top. Also another great aspect of their swimsuits is that they have numerous different colors and patterns available.
            My favorite thing to get at Victoria’s Secret PINK is definitely their yoga pants. Yoga pants are like my go to article of clothing because you can wear them in a sporty way when paired with a sweatshirt or t-shirt, or you can dress them up and wear them with a nicer top. This year it seems like every girl in my school has their marl grey yoga pants and I would have to agree that they are probably my favorite pair.
            So, if you are looking for some sporty gear to pick up for this summer but you want it to be a little outside the box from the regular Nike or Adidas I would recommend checking out Victoria’s Secret PINK line. I can attest that all the clothing is very comfortable and I especially love the girly, flirtatious twist they add to their clothing that makes it seem a notch above regular sportswear.

Images Courtesy of www.polyvore.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment